Technical administrator of ccTLDs .BY and .БЕЛ initiated a petition about equal capabilities for domain names
Registries of top level domains addressed to the e-mail services and social networks with the call to provide equal support to domain names. Initiator of the petition is the technical administrator of ccTLDs .BY and .БЕЛ.
Petition is addressed to the providers of the largest internet-services, that do not support correct work with the IDN domains. Among the addressees of the petition there are corporations Google, Apple, Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and Mail.Ru Group.
We offered the colleagues to sign this petition as we think that with the help of it we will be able to eliminate restrictions, that users of the IDN domains in Belarus and other countries face every day. At the same time many of these restrictions can be removed within the shortest period of time, as it doesn’t require considerable financial investments or serious technical developments.
– technical administrator of .BY and .БЕЛ domains
The potential of Cyrillic domains of our countries is very high. The main factor that holds their development today is lack of support from popular e-mail services and social networks.
– Andrey Vorobyev, Director of the Coordination Center for TLD .RU and .РФ
- .БЕЛ (Reliable Software, Ltd.),
- .УКР (UANIC),
- .РФ (Coordination Center for TLD .RU and .РФ ),
- .հայ (ISOC Armenia),
- .ДЕТИ (Smart Internet Foundation),
- .МОСКВА (Foundation for Assistance for Internet Technologies and Infrastructure Development),
- .ОНЛАЙН (CORE Association),
- .САЙТ (CORE Association).